Deco App Optimizer fails every time and network drops

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-08 13:49:01
Tags: #Optimizer
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Rel 58075

Previously I used to use the optimizer fairly regularly with no issues and now it fails every single time without fail. It also takes the network out with it temporarily and frequently some of the Deco's go offline (red flashing LED) and have to be re-set via the power cable.

I have a combination of 3 x v3 Deco's on Firmware 1.1.1 Rel. 37427 and 3 x v4 Deco's on 1.5.0 Rel 58075. The main Deco is a V4 M4R device.

The other issue is that I get from the main Deco at best 300Mb/s but the connected wired ethernet speed from the deco is 900mb - that is 5Ghz from less than a metre away. Had these for about a year now and it's just constantly issue after issue.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco App Optimizer fails every time and network drops
2023-07-08 14:03:28

@James_SG75 The latest firmware for M4 (V4) is 1.1.1. Did you buy the V4s from an ISP?

And I assume the other V3s are also Deco M4?

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
Re:Deco App Optimizer fails every time and network drops
2023-07-08 14:14:15
Sorry, perhaps I got the versions the wrong way around! I bought them through an online retailer. They're all Deco M4's (3 show as M4R on the app) 2 packs of 3 bought separately to solve our blackspots without switching between extenders. They are not great - and that's being kind...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 192

Replies: 2

Tags

Optimizer
Related Articles