Connection only via mesh after firmware update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 14:13:30 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:57:14
Model: EAP610-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Via Omada, 3 EAP610-Outdoor are controlled among many other devices. With firmware 1.0.4, everything ran perfectly. Omada provided an automatic update to 1.2.0. Unfortunately, I triggered it via rollup. Since then, these devices automatically connect poorly via mesh, even though they are all connected with mains cables. If an EAP610 Outdoor with old firmware (1.0.4) is connected to the lines, it immediately connects perfectly to the network via cable. 
How do I get rid of the mesh or how can I downgrade the firmware? Resetting the firmware with Omada to 1.0.4 is blocked (Config-Manage Device-Custom Upgrade...). 

Options
2 Accepted Solutions
Re:Connection only via mesh after firmware update-Solution
2023-07-10 17:14:23 - last edited 2023-07-11 09:01:58

@Hank21 Hank the latest firmware for the EAP610 seems to be causing a myriad of problems wrt meshing properly.  Can we open a ticket for this case as well?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-11 06:29:44 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:57:14

Hello @ColleLupi

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

I have feedback on this updated issue of EAP610-Outdoor to the engineer for further investigation. I will keep you updated on any progress.

For now, please revert the firmware back to EAP610-Outdoor V1 1.1.3. You may downgrade the firmware through two methods below:

1. Go to EAP Details window, Click on Config > Manage Device > Custom Upgrade, and click on Browse to upload the 1.1.3 firmware version. (Please confirm the account you used to log into the Controller is the Main/Master Administrator.)

2. You can also choose to Forget the EAP to get it back to the Standalone page via Config > Manage Device > Forget. Then upload the file on the EAP web interface:

After upgrading, adopt the EAP again on the Controller.

If there is any stuck issue during the upgrade process, you may try the Firmware Recovery to fix it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
2023-07-10 17:14:23 - last edited 2023-07-11 09:01:58

@Hank21 Hank the latest firmware for the EAP610 seems to be causing a myriad of problems wrt meshing properly.  Can we open a ticket for this case as well?

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Recommended Solution
Options
2023-07-11 06:29:44 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:57:14

Hello @ColleLupi

Thanks for reporting this issue to the TP-Link community!

I have feedback on this updated issue of EAP610-Outdoor to the engineer for further investigation. I will keep you updated on any progress.

For now, please revert the firmware back to EAP610-Outdoor V1 1.1.3. You may downgrade the firmware through two methods below:

1. Go to EAP Details window, Click on Config > Manage Device > Custom Upgrade, and click on Browse to upload the 1.1.3 firmware version. (Please confirm the account you used to log into the Controller is the Main/Master Administrator.)

2. You can also choose to Forget the EAP to get it back to the Standalone page via Config > Manage Device > Forget. Then upload the file on the EAP web interface:

After upgrading, adopt the EAP again on the Controller.

If there is any stuck issue during the upgrade process, you may try the Firmware Recovery to fix it.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Connection only via mesh after firmware update
2023-07-11 08:59:42
Thank you very much. With the firmware 1.1.3 the up/download went. Now the speed is correct again. Is it possible to switch off this "rolling up"?Greetings Stefan
Options
Re:Connection only via mesh after firmware update
2023-07-11 09:01:38
Yes do it. For people with less knowledge, such a problem drives them crazy.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 689

Replies: 4

Related Articles