eap110-outdoor gives strong wifi signal, but internet connection is 1/5 what is available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

eap110-outdoor gives strong wifi signal, but internet connection is 1/5 what is available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-11 00:02:33
Model: EAP110-Outdoor  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hello!

i purchased the eap110 outdoor in order to have strong wifi connection in an outbuilding.  we have a starlink satellite and use the router it came with in the house, with an ethernet connector sharing the connection to the eap110 over about 80meters of cat6wire.

my wifi speed is 150 to 180mbps directly on starlink, but only 20 or 25 mbps from your access point.  i have tested it using a 1meter long cable too.  same issue.

when it set it up i used all the standard settings, only named the ssid and password, no other changes.  i'm not even sure what to perhaps change.  i've ready the manual, watched the videos, and a few videos on youtube.

what setting might need to be changed to share a stronger internet connection?  

thank you!!!

Options
3 Reply
Re:eap110-outdoor gives strong wifi signal, but internet connection is 1/5 what is available
2023-07-11 07:26:29

@sjhb 

1. 80 meters of cat6wire cable is too long.

2. EAP110-OD is a single band 2.4G AP with 100M port, the max speed will not exceed 100M.

3. Use Iperf3 to test the speed.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:eap110-outdoor gives strong wifi signal, but internet connection is 1/5 what is available
2023-07-12 15:18:07

@Virgo thank you for the input!!! 

i'm confused about your mention that the eap100od is 100m as the package/specs say 300m. 

i clearly have no idea what i'm doing here.  do you have a suggestion of how to get my starlink signal to an outbuilding 100m away?  the computer is used in the house near the starlink, so can work via cable or wifi, but phones need to be used in the outbuilding, which is why i bought the eap110, under the assumption that i could use it to share the signal via wifi.

i've watched at least 100 videos on youtube trying to figure out what to do so solve this issue.  no doubt for a network engineer it is a simple thing, but i don't understand all the technology and lingo sufficiently to always understand the solutions being suggested in the videos i watch.

Options
2023-07-12 16:59:20

@sjhb 

"Up to 300M is the radio performance", the actual hardware has a limit of about 90Mbps due to the FastEthernet port (100M, not 1G)

<< Paying it forward, one juicy problem at a time... >>
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 257

Replies: 3

Related Articles