Connected devices getting intermittent internet issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-15 06:32:25 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:39:51
Model: TL-R480T+  
Hardware Version: V9
Firmware Version: 9.0.3 Build 20200313 Rel.38262

Hello,

Newly purchased this router configured with 2 PPPoE broadband, when make both up LAN devices doesn't work.

Configured Bandwidth Control & Loadbalancing 

Do I have to make any changes for LAN ?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connected devices getting intermittent internet issues
2023-07-17 03:04:33 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:39:36

Hi @ace04 

In your description, the question is very blurry and unrelated. Can you please speak your question again in a more concise and clearer way?

BTW, you did a wrong test in the picture. Google.com should be tested on Interface = WAN. Not LAN. As the DNS can resolve the google.com, I can tell that DNS and Internet should be both working.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-17 09:38:18 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:39:38

Hello  @Clive_A

Currently I have 2 PPPoE providers which I have configured into the router. Now I have TP Link Archer AX 1800 which I have configured as Access point.

Once I start using this setup, the devices connected with Access point have issues with Internet. Access point shows intermittent internet connection from the router. 

Somehow router doesn't restart but the access point not getting stable internet connection.

Both are different ISPs working fine, if configured individually on TP Link Archer AX 1800. 

Can you suggest some troubleshooting steps?

Options
2023-07-18 01:10:52 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:39:38

Hi @ace04

1. What are the IP addresses of your WANs? They should not be the same subnet if you don't have public IPv4 addresses.

2. Since you've turned your wireless router into AP mode, then you don't need to worry about any NAT issue now. Then when you experience unstable internet, does this happen to wireless devices only? Are your devices close enough to the AP while experiencing the issue?

3. What about your wired connection? Run CMD and run a continuous ping to two IPs.

a. ping 8.8.8.8 -t 

b. ping default_gateway_IP -t

If your wired connection's fine, then you should consider if the cable to the AP is bad/faulty, or the clients are not getting a good signal and causing a packet loss, which eventually leads to problems with your internet connection.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-07-20 07:37:05 - last edited 2023-11-10 06:39:38

Hello @Clive_A

Thanks for your response.

We have different Providers so both share different Public IP address & Subnets.

All the devices are connected wirelessly and close to AP. And yes we face issues with the wired devices as well.

Continous Ping showed packet loss of 1% during one hour of runtime.

Actually we get this icon in AP panel when we internet issues with devices

Options