Can multiple extenders be on one network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-16 09:14:08
Model: TL-WA850RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have bought 5 extenders for around the house. But every time I'm in a different room I have to connect my mobile to the extender in the room. It's the same for all devices. Can't they all be on one network so devices join a network rather than a particular extender?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Can multiple extenders be on one network?
2023-07-16 23:10:32 - last edited 2023-07-19 03:11:36

@Gemmal 

All your range extenders are in one local network if they are connected to the same router.

What you are describing could be caused by your client devices (when connected to a particular extender and you go to another room) which still think that the wireless signal is strong enough to make a change and connect to the range extender in the room you've entered.

You could try to tweak the wireless signal power of some or all extenders to mitigate this behavior by lowering wireless transmission power:

Test this and check if the the result suit your needs.

There's also an additional guide on that matter here.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 352

Replies: 1

Related Articles