Install software on router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-17 21:46:15
Tags: #custom software
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.19 v0001.0 Build 220816 Rel.42562n

Hey guys! I have a (probably) very uncommon problem:

In the appartment I live in you are required to use software to get access to the internet. The software is only availiable for Win/Mac/Linux and you cant really use the internet with your phone unless you run the software on a laptop or something able to make a hotspot and start said hotspot. This solution sucks and I wanted to get a router and install the software on there.

The program in question is called "StudNet" if that matters however you will struggle to find information about it as it is only used in few appartment buildings in my city.

Just to clarify what its doing:

To get access to the internet you need to connect your device using ethernet and set a custom IP/Subnet/Gateway and DNS. Then you can open StudNet and enter your username/password. Thats pretty much it.

Just know that I dont really know a lot about routers and am therefore new to this. I fiddled around a bit and tried to connect to the router via ssh but that didnt work.

How can I get the software running on the router? I considered using OpenWRT but im scared to brick my device. What would be the best way to go about this?

Thanks for the help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Install software on router
2023-07-18 08:31:01

@DaveFX 

To set up the router, you could refer to How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link wireless router? to log in its web interface.

However, I don't think you are able to run another software on the router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 821

Replies: 1

Tags

custom software
Related Articles