[URL FILTERING - Group IP] ¿How to block some URLS for specific PC's?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-21 23:12:13
Tags: #Controller Installation #URL FILTERING
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 5.9.32

Hello Community,

I am trying to block some websites to specific PC's in my corporate network, I have created two examples groups, the first one "compras" and "SIIGO", both have an specific IP adress with /32 (which i think it means specific IP).

Examples of both IP's (I have setup both clients with STATIC IP and exported MAC/IP in the service menu)

Here it is the rules I have done... for "compras" and another rule for "SIIGO" with another diferent website.

So it looks like...

The main issue i am having is that the rules applies to the whole network. I have try some different PC's and they do not open those websites. I test too fast, so I do not if those chances take some 10-15 minutes to be uploaded? 

Am I doing right the rules to block websites? I would like to create at lest 30 different categories of rules for the network, the OC200 can handle that information?

The lenguage is set up in Spanish because i am located in South America ;)

Options
7 Reply
Re:[URL FILTERING - Group IP] ¿How to block some URLS for specific PC's?
2023-07-24 06:13:56

Hello @MindMaster,

What is the firmware version of ER7206? Have you tried rebooting the Omada Gateway for testing?

Please try using different browsers and Incognito windows when using other PC opens these websites.

MindMaster wrote

Am I doing right the rules to block websites? I would like to create at lest 30 different categories of rules for the network, the OC200 can handle that information?

Yes, it can handle 30 different URL Filtering rules, the maximum is 64.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-24 14:47:27

@Hank21 

The firmware version is:

1.3.0 Build 20230322 Rel.70951

The gateway firmware version is:

3.20.4 Build 20230206 Rel.46080

TL-SG3452P v3.20

¿Should I clear all the cookies and history for each computer to test it?

¿Rebooting is simple as power off and power on?

The setup process is correct as I am doing? with /32 and IP STATIC?

Kind regards,

Options
2023-07-25 01:52:12

Hello @MindMaster,

MindMaster wrote

Should I clear all the cookies and history for each computer to test it?

¿Rebooting is simple as power off and power on?

Yes, that's correct, please try it.

The setup process is correct as I am doing? with /32 and IP STATIC?

I didn't see any trouble with your settings, and yes, x.x.x.x/32 is a specific IP. You can also try the DHCP Reservation on the OC200 for these PCs.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
2023-07-26 18:59:13 - last edited 2023-07-26 18:59:41

@Hank21 

¿It is normal that after doing the steps, the router and the switch keep frozen at "Adopting"?

Now the rule is working, (for testing), but now both devices are frozen in Adopting...

Should I power off and power on? Simple as that?

Thanks for your support Hank21

Options
2023-07-27 05:47:27

Hi @MindMaster,

Yes, you may try rebooting the devices for testing.

Options
2023-08-09 14:44:44
It failed the configuration. It is something strange because i do not understand why it keeps jumping from 192.168.5 to 192.168.1 It is the same network....
Options
2023-08-10 01:30:35

Hi @MindMaster

MindMaster wrote

It failed the configuration. It is something strange because i do not understand why it keeps jumping from 192.168.5 to 192.168.1 It is the same network....

I'm confused about your description. Do you mean the rules actives on the 192.168.5 subnet but you have set it for 192.168.1 subnet?

How did you test that? Could you elaborate on the problem phenomenon for us?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 309

Replies: 7

Tags

Related Articles