Dynamic DNS cannot unbind

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-23 05:44:42
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Archer AX80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20221209 rel.76654(4A50)

I registered one domain on the Dynamic DNS setting page by default option (Service Provider : TP-Link)

That domain was immediately related to my public IP address, this part works well.

But, actually I don't need this function, I just try this out of curiosity.

When I try to disable this TP-Link Dynamic DNS function, it doesn't work.

I unbound and deleted that domain on the setting page, then logged out and unbound this router with my TP-Link ID, but that domain still being resolved to my public IP.

After that, I re-bound the domain, Unbound and deleted it one more time, then reset (Restore all settings to default values) the router without login my TP-Link ID, I tried to connect to another network with a new public IP, I cannot believe that domain(on DNS severs) still being updated to the new public IP after I connected to the new Internet.

It seems the Dynamic DNS function is automatically associated by a hidden identification which cannot be reset in my router.

I really think TP-Link should pay attention on this, maybe this just a setting or reset bug, but it somehow make me thinking this router is doing something which is not supposed to do.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Dynamic DNS cannot unbind
2023-07-24 15:40:50

@Irene6 

same here ax6000

we need to be able to clear the fields and save. Go back into it and all fields are empty.

Options
Re:Dynamic DNS cannot unbind
2023-07-25 11:53:22

@Cawsie @Irene6 

Hi, could you please send me a private message to provide your TP-Link ID or device MAC address? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 2

Tags

Related Articles