AX72 disconection wifi limited with new firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-24 12:13:50
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20230626 rel 36899

Hello, I notice that since the switch to the latest firmware, I have regular disconnections materialized by the orange led on the router. you have to reboot the router to initiate a new connection. In addition I go with speedtest in wifi 6 speeds of 700 mb while it seems that the wifi is blocked at 350mb, impossible to exceed. I have a 1giga fiber connection in both directions. I had no problem before the firmware change. I saw that we could no longer switch to the previous versionHello, I notice that since the switch to the latest firmware, I have regular disconnections materialized by the orange led on the router. you have to reboot the router to initiate a new connection. In addition I go with speedtest in wifi 6 speeds of 700 mb while it seems that the wifi is blocked at 350mb, impossible to exceed. I have a 1giga fiber connection in both directions. I had no problem before the firmware change. I saw that we could no longer switch to the previous version

Options
4 Reply
Re:AX72 disconection wifi limited with new firmware
2023-07-25 07:55:25
up please
Options
2023-07-26 03:36:28

@vinou770 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. When the internet LED turns orange on the Archer AX72 router, please connect a computer directly to your ISP modem to see if internet still works from the modem.

2. If the modem internet is working fine and stable, please connect the router back to the network, and ensure the Ethernet cable going from the ISP modem to the WAN port of the router is securely connected. Try with another Cat5e/6 cable or change the port of your ISP modem, to where you're connecting the TP-Link router (if possible)

3. Login to the router web interface when there is no internet, and check if there is still a WAN IP address on the Status page. If yes, go to Advanced > Network > Internet, change the DNS server as follows, then Save and reboot the router to confirm:

4. It's also suggested to clone the MAC address of the computer (or the MAC of the old router) to the TP-Link router if the internet is stable when the computer (or old router) is plugged into the ISP modem directly. Guidance is as follows:
How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-26 07:23:00

@Sunshine hello

1/ I connect my computer by ethernet cable to the modem and I obtain with speedtest 800 megabit in both directions in very constant ways. when I reconnect the ax 72 router to the modem, on the ethernet ports and in AX wifi I am stuck on 350 megabit very constantly, it starts at 700 and goes down as if there will be a limit. I had never had this problem before updating to the new firmware.
2 / the parameters are made to obtain the dns of the ISP and they are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. when I change the second the router does not get the connection.
I remember that before the update of the new firmware, I had no problem, I'm bored I love this router and I find myself with limitations. possible to revert to the old firmware.
Thank you for your help.

Options
2023-07-29 20:50:10

@vinou770 up

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 4

Related Articles