Extending Deco M5 Mesh externally

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-25 06:46:08 - last edited 2023-07-26 00:50:48

Hi I have a Deco M5 mesh and would like to add an external extender to get a signal to my garage which is 15m from the house. Please can you advise which product you’d recommend. Although the garage is enclosed I’d wish the product to be moisture resistant. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Extending Deco M5 Mesh externally
2023-07-25 14:23:53 - last edited 2023-07-26 00:50:48

@TimW7 

If your garange is enclosed, the simplest solution would be to use a inexpensive wireless router in AP mode (running an ethernet cable to your garage).

If you insist on waterproff device you could use EAP-Outdoor AP unit (running an ethernet cable to your garage).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-07-25 14:31:53 - last edited 2023-07-26 00:50:48

@terziyski thank you for your reply. 
it might be most cost effective for me to place a new device is a waterproof box.

Rather than a wired solution I was hoping for a wireless device which would extend my existing mesh. 

Can the Deco X50-Outdoor Connect wirelessl with the Deco M5 mesh?

Options
2023-07-25 14:52:38 - last edited 2023-07-26 00:50:48

@TimW7 

You could put a regular range extender in a waterproff box, but I'm not sure if that will affect the wireless range of the extender.

Here's a guide on how to place range extender device for optimal performance.

Keep in mind that either the range extender has implemented EasyMesh or OneMesh it's not compatible with Deco mesh.

It will extend your Deco mesh network, but it will work as a regular extender. The same goes for wireless router in AP mode or dedicated AP - check this blog for comparison of different mesh technologies.

All Deco models are compatible with each other - check this FAQ. Deco X50-outdoor unit will preserve the mesh that you already have.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 328

Replies: 3

Related Articles