C540W actual differences between the V1 and V2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 13:04:19 - last edited 2023-08-17 09:25:22
Model: VIGI C540-W  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

What are the actual differences between V1 and V2 for the C540W camera?
There are minor differences in the datasheet for V1 and V2, but I'm not sure if they are due to different editing/preparation of the document or actual differences in features.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C540W actual differences between the V1 and V2-Solution
2023-07-27 02:18:01 - last edited 2023-07-27 09:06:12

Hi @mdziedzic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

For any products we have, if there is a change, we are not obliged to inform the customer. There may be iterations for a certain model due to certain parts may be supplied by different suppliers. For us, we need to have different versions to specify them as we have documents about their manufacturers.

About this model, you asked for, I also checked their specs and datasheet. I don't find a major change in its hardware. It could be the case I said above, certain parts may be changed and that affects some minor specs. But we always recommend you refer to the specs and datasheet for more details that you are interested in. For the VIGI product family, there may be a software upgrade to it and the newer version may have some features that the old one does not have. But the hardware specs remain similar.

The basic concept will be that if the model is the same one, but has different hardware versions, you may get some minor changes when the product iterates. But the main feature for security and overall specs will remain similar. If the changes are major, they'll be obvious in the specs if you run a product comparison. Or we will simply release a brand new model.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:C540W actual differences between the V1 and V2-Solution
2023-07-27 02:18:01 - last edited 2023-07-27 09:06:12

Hi @mdziedzic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

For any products we have, if there is a change, we are not obliged to inform the customer. There may be iterations for a certain model due to certain parts may be supplied by different suppliers. For us, we need to have different versions to specify them as we have documents about their manufacturers.

About this model, you asked for, I also checked their specs and datasheet. I don't find a major change in its hardware. It could be the case I said above, certain parts may be changed and that affects some minor specs. But we always recommend you refer to the specs and datasheet for more details that you are interested in. For the VIGI product family, there may be a software upgrade to it and the newer version may have some features that the old one does not have. But the hardware specs remain similar.

The basic concept will be that if the model is the same one, but has different hardware versions, you may get some minor changes when the product iterates. But the main feature for security and overall specs will remain similar. If the changes are major, they'll be obvious in the specs if you run a product comparison. Or we will simply release a brand new model.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C540W actual differences between the V1 and V2
2023-07-27 08:57:05

@Clive_A 
Thx for the quick reply :)

In this case, then, I will ask more precisely what I mean.
The key features for me are in the "Smart Event" and "Network Storage" sections.
V2 in "Smart Event" has "Human & Vehicle Classification" entered, V1 is missing "vehicle" information.
V2 in "Network Storage" has "NAS (NFS, SMB/ CIFS)", for V1 the information about Network storage capabilities is missing.

Hence my question - is only V2 able to distinguish between people and cars, and is only V2 able to save to NAS?

best,
Maciej

Options
Re:C540W actual differences between the V1 and V2
2023-07-27 09:02:22 - last edited 2023-07-27 09:03:09

Hi @mdziedzic 

Thanks for posting in our business forum. Yes. Even they are the same model, certain software features could be different. If a feature is vital to you, make sure you buy the one that has it.

That's the upgrade. From the datasheet, V2 indeed has some upgrade parts. This could be a software upgrade. You can rest assured that our datasheet is correct. If possible, it's recommended to use the V2 which seems to be a lot more advanced and better in certain software levels.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 454

Replies: 3

Related Articles