Gaming PC Connectivity Issues with WiFi Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-27 10:46:04

Hey fellow gamers,

I hope you're all having a great time gaming on your powerful rigs! I wanted to share an issue I've been experiencing with my gaming PC and WiFi router, hoping to get some insights and maybe even a solution from this fantastic community.

Lately, I've been encountering some frustrating connectivity problems while playing online games on my gaming PC. It seems that my WiFi router is not performing as expected, and it's affecting my overall gaming experience. As we all know, a stable and reliable internet connection is essential for smooth gameplay, and I'm sure many of you can relate to how frustrating it is to have your game lag or disconnect at crucial moments.

Here are the specific issues I'm facing:

• Intermittent Lag Spikes: During gaming sessions, I notice periodic lag spikes that hinder my gameplay. It's incredibly disruptive and makes it challenging to play competitively.
  • Frequent Disconnections: Every now and then, my gaming PC disconnects from the WiFi network entirely. I have to reconnect manually, which disrupts the flow of my gaming sessions and, needless to say, puts me at a disadvantage.
  • Inconsistent Speeds: While my router is advertised as a high-speed one, I'm not getting the expected speeds on my gaming PC. This is surprising since my other devices seem to be working fine.

I've tried a few troubleshooting steps, such as resetting the router, updating the firmware, and adjusting some settings, but the issue persists. I'm using a TP-Link WiFi router (model: [insert model number]), and my gaming PC has an up-to-date WiFi adapter. Everything else in my gaming setup seems to be working perfectly, so it leads me to believe that there might be an underlying compatibility issue or router configuration that I'm missing.

If any of you have encountered similar issues with your gaming PCs and WiFi routers, or if you have expertise in networking and can suggest some possible fixes, I would greatly appreciate your help. I'm open to any suggestions or recommendations you might have to improve the performance of my WiFi router when it comes to gaming.

Let's come together as a community of tech-savvy gamers and support each other in overcoming these challenges. I'm looking forward to your insights and solutions, and I'm hopeful that we can collectively find a resolution to make our gaming experiences even more enjoyable.

Thank you all in advance for your contributions!

abhraham denis

Options
1 Reply
Re:Gaming PC Connectivity Issues with WiFi Router
2023-07-27 19:33:30

@denis06 

Hi

I do a fair amount of gaming myself however not on a gaming PC, Im on xbox.

You haven't mentioned what model of router you are using?

First "issue" I would say is you are using wifi, nothing better than a wired connection, especially for gaming.... 

Lag/latency spikes could be down to your ISP, who is your ISP?

cheers

BT Full fibre 500, 2x M9 Plus V2 and 1x X60 V3.2 in AP mode connected to Archer C80.
Options