Why do I see the TP-link access point name as the name of my Ethernet connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Why do I see the TP-link access point name as the name of my Ethernet connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-28 22:55:48
Model: TL-WA901N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hello, I wonder why the name of my TP-link access point is showing as name of my Ethernet connection in all my devices when I connect them via network cable. It appears even if I switch the access point off. Is this normal?. It wasn't like that before, it happened right after a discussion I had with my internet supplier agent. Maybe this is only coincidence but it may worth to mention. I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Why do I see the TP-link access point name as the name of my Ethernet connection?
2023-08-01 08:40:09

@Robertogonzalez 

Hi, is your TL-WA901N working on Access Point mode or other working modes? 

Do you mean the wired client devices that connect to your main router directly show TL-WA901N name on the Ethernet connection?

Please try restarting your main router to see if it changes.

By the way, except for the Ethernet connection name displayed, is there any other issue?

Options
Re:Why do I see the TP-link access point name as the name of my Ethernet connection?
2023-08-11 12:26:34
Options