Preferred Connection Undo

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-30 18:58:56
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I've got a computer in the basement that was connecting to one of the satellite on the second floor instead of the one on the other side of the wall right beside it so I used the prefered connection option and told it to connect to that one... For whatever reason it can't seem to want to connect to that one and now, since it doesn't show up on the app (since it's not connected) I can't set it back to auto.

Tried unplugging and re-plugging the deco but that didn't help, short of resetting everything how can I get this one back to auto?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Preferred Connection Undo
2023-07-30 19:59:20

@BreLeB 

I had similar situation once. 

Bring PC and that Satellite Deco close to each other (PC to Deco, Deco to PC - does not matter), so that they can see each other and PC can connect to that Deco. After that, you should be able to undo preferred connection setting for PC.

Options
2023-07-30 20:06:20

@BreLeB Thanks, that's pretty much where I'm at now, unfortunately both units are somewhat hard to access but I can't seem to get it to undo any other way. I'm going to try taking the deco over to the computer as that's somewhat less complicated (it's still mounted inside of a cabinet that I'll have to empty to get at but it's easier than taking the computer out of the crawlspace...

Thanks again

Options
2023-07-30 20:14:51 - last edited 2023-07-30 20:15:45

@BreLeB 

In theory, if PC can't connect to Deco, it should connect to another Deco. That's why it is called "preferred connection" and not "mandatory connection." Occasionally, that might not work. 

Try this if just moving them close to each other is cumbersome:

Power off that Deco. Keep it powered off.

Reboot PC.

Wait for about 5-10 minutes.

See if PC reconnected to a different Deco and you now see that PC in Deco app.

-------------------

Alternatively:

Delete that Deco from Deco mesh. It should reset preferred connection setting (in theory). Reboot PC. See if PC will reconnect to a different Deco in up to 5 minutes.

-------------------

If that does not work, moving Deco and PC close to each other, so that PC appears in Deco mesh and its connection preference is configurable again - is the only option I can think of.

Options