Failed password attempts despite reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-31 15:36:56 - last edited 2023-07-31 15:44:32
Model: M7450  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hello, I just got a brand new device and could not reach a good signal. I decided to reset it completely, and try to do it all over again. (using the empt hole which lies under the battary). The problem is - it does not accept the password, I tried many times but still - it keeps telling me the password is wrong.
I am reading the password as it is written on the sticker on the battary.
I tried to re-nstall the app, this does. not help. Can you please help....?

Thanks! 

K'

Options
5 Reply
Re:Failed password attempts despite reset
2023-08-01 08:07:50

@Kalina_mines 

Hi, do you mean the login password on the tpMiFi App?

After factory reset, the login password will be either admin in lower case or no default password and it will ask you to create a new one at the first time login. It is not the default wireless password.

If admin doesn't work and it doesn't ask you to create one at the first time login, please reset the device again by holding reset hole for about 10s, you will see "Restoring" and then "Succeed" on the screen, which means the factory reset really works.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-01 09:45:24

@Sunshine Thanks, I think this is the problem, I cant seem to reset it properly. I insert a pin to the whole and press it. after a few seconds the device shows a loading wheel with a "powering off" message. after a few seconds (while I am still pressing the pin in the hole) the screen shows back again, but nothing changed. It is showing "initialising" and "PIN required". The app is still asking for the password and it is always wrong.

Any Idea how can I proceed? I really need this to work....

Options
2023-08-02 06:56:17

@Kalina_mines 

Hi, when you use a pin to press the reset hole, did you feel it really pressed something or just an empty hole?

You could try more times to reset it, also try to login the web interface to see if it makes any difference.

How to log in the management interface of 4G LTE Mobile Wi-Fi

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-02 07:22:21 - last edited 2023-08-02 09:35:18

@Kalina_mines It is hard to say if the pin reaches something when restarting, but I defiantly see it on the screen, as i described in the previous post.
I did get a success incidator "restored"  - but nothing changed - it still says "pin required" and the app still denies the password.
I can not log in to the web version, as I get a message "It looks like you aren't connected to your TP-Link network" but I can not connect to the network becouose my device does not acept the password. I feel like I am in a loop, this is very frustrating. Also I am on a time pressure bacouse I need the wifi for work sad

Options
2023-08-07 12:15:20

@Kalina_mines 

Hi, "Pin Required" means your SIM card is locked by Pin code, it will not affect the login of the tpMiFi App or web interface.

After the successful factory reset, please connect the default TP-Link WiFi with the default wireless password(8 digits, you could find it either on the label or on the screen), then disable mobile data or VPN if there is, then try to login the device via tpMiFi App or web interface, this process doesn't require internet access but you have to use the TP-Link WiFi only, so please do make sure no mobile data enabled on the phone, this default login password is either admin in lower case or no default password and ask you to create one at the first time.

If above suggestion still doesn't work, you could also insert the SIM card into another device such as your smartphone, then unlock the SIM by entering the SIM PIN lock, then disable the PIN lock, after that, you could insert the SIM back into the M7450, normally it will be plug and play since PIN lock of the SIM has been disabled.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1138

Replies: 5

Related Articles