No internet via router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

No internet via router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
No internet via router
No internet via router
2023-08-01 04:31:16

I will explain my problem using simple words because I have no knowledge about all this technical stuff.

I have two internet cables, let's call them cable1 and cable2. cable1 was connected to a DLINK hub and a tplink wifi router called Archer AX90. Everything was working fine until yesterday when the hub got broken due to a power outage.

I tried to connect to cable2. When I directly connect it to my laptop, I need to set up DNS and IP configurations to access the internet, and it works fine that way.

The problem I'm facing now is that I want to connect cable2 to my router to have Wi-Fi. But when I connect it to the router, it doesn't have internet access. I visited the tplinkwifi.net website to configure the IP in the Network tab (I just changed the IP number), but it didn't help!

Options
1 Reply
Re:No internet via router
2023-08-02 02:18:28

@QuarterInch 

Hi, is the cable 2 connected to WAN port of the Archer AX90?

You mean the WAN connection type on the router is set to "Static IP", right? Please make sure the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and also DNS servers are all configured correctly, same as the computer settings when connecting computer to cable 2 directly.

If there is still no internet access on the router, please try to clone the computer's wired MAC address to the router: 

How do I configure MAC Address Clone on my TP-Link Archer Router?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 193

Replies: 1

Related Articles