No internet via ethernet on new AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 02:51:15
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I recently swapped ISP and modem due to constant dead spots and slow speeds. I am now with Aussie BB and I bought the Archer AX73 router to increase my home wifi range and connectivity. From the LAN ports I run Cat5e 0r 6 Ethernet cable to my LG TV, my Anthem receiver,Cambridge Audio DVD player and the last port (port one) runs to an 8 port switch in my garage which is then distributed to my home office where my laptop is hard wired. The issue I have is that I have no internet from the LAN ports. I tried changing settings in the App and on the desktop but it either changes nothing or I loose WIFI also. Some advice on how to fix this issue would be appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:No internet via ethernet on new AX73
2023-08-02 03:37:33

@Gilbo_Baggins 

Hi, the Archer AX73 WAN port is connected to your ISP modem, right? what is the WAN connection type? like dynamic IP or PPPoE?

Do you mean all the wired devices including those connected directly to LAN ports of AX73 have no internet access?

1. Please try to connect the same wired client device to your ISP modem directly to see if internet works fine

2. Please disconnect the 8 port switch and make sure wired client devices are using DHCP to obtain IP address automatically from the router

3. Please go to Advanced->Network->DHCP Server, set primary DNS 8.8.8.8, secondary DNS 8.8.4.4, then save it.

4. If there is still no internet for wired devices, please check the IP address etc. on the wired device: How to find IP address on your devices

Then try to ping the router LAN IP address, ping 8.8.8.8 and also ping www.google.com to see if ping works: How to Use the Ping Command

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options