FLow Control in "Omada Mode" ER707 possible with CLI code or anything else?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-02 11:14:09 - last edited 2023-09-19 07:03:11
Model: ER707-M2  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.10

Hi,

is there a possibility for ER707 to enable flow control even when attached to Omada Controller OC200 ?  As i already wrote flow control is only available in Standalone mode and if you cannt enable it in omada mode you wont get full speed on all ports except WAN1.   Is there the possibility with CLI code and so on? I read about it and searched but didnt find anything in the manual. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:FLow Control in "Omada Mode" ER707 possible with CLI code or anything else?-Solution
2023-08-08 13:55:38 - last edited 2023-09-19 07:03:11

Dont know if it may help but here is a solution for myself.

Finally, I got it working on my ER707 with omada controller mode by enabling bandwith control for WAN1 (because it is 1500 Mbit)  and enabling flow control on each 2.5 <-> 10 or  1.0 Gbps <-> 10 GBps port connection at the switch.  

Now i have full speed with my pc with a 2.5 Gbps card and even the devices with 1 Gbps Card have full speed (of course 1 GBps). 

I tested it myself with only the ER707 

When i put my bridged modem to WAN1 which has a 2.5 Gbps port i got only about 300 Mbps on the 1Gbps LAN ports of ER707.    Now with the bandwith control for WAN1 i have 1,5 Mbit on my 2.5Gbps Card PC and the 1Gbps devices attached to ER707 or TL-SL3008 with 10Gbps SFP+ have about 940 Mbit. 

Of course it would be easier if there has been an option for Flow Control on WAN1 in Omada Controller Mode. 

Recommended Solution
Options
12 Reply
Re:FLow Control in "Omada Mode" ER707 possible with CLI code or anything else?
2023-08-03 01:17:23

Hi @Daniel2908 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Are you referring to the Flow Control in WAN settings?

Daniel2908 wrote

As i already wrote flow control is only available in Standalone mode and if you cannt enable it in omada mode you wont get full speed on all ports except WAN1.

I don't see why you say this. Controller mode does not have this feature yet. 

About your speed issue, you cannot get full speed on all WAN ports except WAN1. Is this what you trying to say? I don't think so. How do you test it? Please specify your test methodology. Did you make a comparison with other different speed test nets?

Why failing to achieve bandwidth aggregation of multiple WAN ports by Speedtest on SMB router

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-03 04:38:41

Hi, i get full speed at wan port - in omada and in stand alone mode.

but i dont get full speed on the other ports of er707 in omada mode.    I know i can get full speed in standalone mode with trning on flow control in lan->switch 

I hoped there is an option to enable flow control by cli in omada mode too. 

Options
2023-08-03 05:38:55

Hi @Daniel2908 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Daniel2908 wrote

Hi, i get full speed at wan port - in omada and in stand alone mode.

but i dont get full speed on the other ports of er707 in omada mode.    I know i can get full speed in standalone mode with trning on flow control in lan->switch 

I hoped there is an option to enable flow control by cli in omada mode too. 

Can you replicate this all the time? What speed do you get? How do you test the speed? Can you run the iperf to test the speed from the LAN ports? How to use Iperf to test the speed of TP-Link switches

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Options
2023-08-03 06:45:51

Hi,

sorry, dont have two pcs to run iperf on each, but what i can tell is that i can replicate it. 

ER707 in Standalone with Flow Control ON:   Getting about 1100 Mbit on WAN1 WAN port and on all attached devices at other ports with speedtest

ER707 in Standalone with Flow Control OFF: Getting only about 300Mbit-500Mbit on every "LAN" Port at ER707

ER707 omada controlled (Flow COntroll off because there is no option to turn it on on ER707): Getting only about 300Mbit-500Mbit on every "LAN" Port at ER707

I have an TL-SX3008 too, but it doesnt matter ifi turn on flow control on and off on them. The problem is the missing Flow Control Option in Omada Mode with ER707

Options
2023-08-03 09:48:29 - last edited 2023-08-03 09:53:54

Hi @Daniel2908 

Before I send this to dev for further diagnostics, can you let me know the following details?

1. This slow speed, does it happen to both upload and download? Or only one of them?

2. PC to the ER707-M2, does the issue persist? Which port did you test? Please let me know the number of the port. 

3. What's the link speed of the WAN? What's the link speed of the PC to the router?

Please let me know so I can send this to the dev.

4. Flow Control in the Switch, not the Flow Control under WAN settings?

Options
2023-08-03 11:06:31

@Clive_A 

1. Yes, slow speeds at upload and download

2. Issue persists when PC is connected to ER707 directly. I tested all ports (the 2.5G LAN port and all other 1G ports)

4. When Flow Control in Standalone Modus on router is enabled, all works well and i get full speeds.    Switch Flow Control isnt important. Switch flow control doesnt change anything. 

WAN link speed AND Speed 2.5Gps Port Router to PC is 2.5Gbps too because i have a 2.5 netword card installed.

I hope this an help.

I have seen on some other forums that in Omada Controller 5.11 flow control on router is with omada controller possible on ER605 ... but i tested 5.11 myself and there is no option. 

Would be great if you send this to dev for further diagnostics. Thanks

Options
2023-08-04 02:37:24

Hi @Daniel2908

I mean the Switch > Port Config > Flow Control. The picture was missing in my last reply. Can you confirm is this Flow Control affecting your speed? Flow Control under WAN tab?

Options
2023-08-04 02:41:22

@Clive_A yes.  When I enable it there in standalone all is fine 

Options
2023-08-04 08:09:37

Hi @Daniel2908 

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the issue on TP-Link community!

To better assist you, I've created a support ticket via your registered email address, and escalated it to our support engineer to look into the issue. The ticket ID is  TKID230806747, please check your email box and ensure the support email is well received. Thanks!

Once the issue is addressed or resolved, welcome to update this topic thread with your solution to help others who may encounter the same issue as you did.

Many thanks for your great cooperation and patience!

Options
2023-08-06 16:23:44

Hello,
I did some tests today and it is clear. As soon as there is a 2.5Gbit connection on the WAN1 port on the ER707, the other LAN ports do not reach full speed. The speed even drops dramatically. 
If you connect a 1Gbit line to the WAN1 port on the ER707, everything works fine. 
If there is a 2.5Gbit connection on the 2.5 port, you have to activate FLow Control in standalone mode. It would therefore be nice if there would be a firmware that allows this in Omada controller mode as well. 

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1894

Replies: 12

Related Articles