Network architecture question in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-06 12:36:16
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, I am thinking to buy a set of 3 x Deco X50 to improve the WiFi in mu house (approx. 1 floor, 200m2). For the internet I am currently using Ziggo as provider (probably changing this to provider Delta Fiber within a year). The router is connected to three switches. I want to connect one x50 (a) to switch1, one x50 (c) to switch 2 and the third x50 (b) wireless to x50 a. 
Is this possible in AP mode or should one x50 directly be connected to the ziggo router and thaen add an extra switch and connect all other switches (and x50 behind that. This would force me to buy another switch and maybe an extra deco x50 because the location where the router is is not ideal. 

If this setup is possible what should be the main deco to setup (x50 a?), and after that do b and c??

Options
1 Reply
Re:Network architecture question in AP mode
2023-08-06 14:41:35

@RPNL 

This setup will work just fine with Deco mesh in Access Point mode. As long as switches are compatible with Deco Ethernet backhaul. More about this topic here: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Your Main Deco should be X50 a. Configure it first, then switch Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode, after that add X50 b and X50 c as Satellite Deco you your Deco mesh. It is possible you may not need to do any configuration for adding Satellite Deco, just power them on, as explained here: https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1590/

Steps to switch Deco mesh from its default Router mode to Access Point mode are documented here: Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Related Articles