Letting 2 subnets share a router for WAN access

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-09 03:25:09 - last edited 2023-08-10 01:51:32
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 20230115

I am trying to use a L2/L3 switch and a router to allow two subnets to talk to each other and access the WAN through the router.

I found the application note https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/887/

for achieving this. In this application note I need a Multi-Nets NAT setting in my router. (ER-6210 router is recommended)

But I searched for alternatives and saw in the datasheet that that ER 605 supports Multi Nets in its NAT configuration.

see page 6 in  https://static.tp-link.com/upload/product-overview/2023/202303/20230324/ER605(UN)2.0_Datasheet.pdf

But when the product arrived I saw that the GUI does not have Multi-Nets support.

I have two questions.

1- IS THE MULTI NETS SUPPORT IN DATASHEET A TYPO (OR TECHNICAL ERROR)

2 - CAN I STILL CONFIGURE MY ROUTER (ER 605)TO ALLOW TWO SUBNETS ACCESS INTERNET THROUGH IT

Thanks

Tufan Karalar

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Letting 2 subnets share a router for WAN access-Solution
2023-08-10 01:50:50 - last edited 2023-08-10 01:51:32

Hi @TKaralar 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TKaralar wrote

2 - CAN I STILL CONFIGURE MY ROUTER (ER 605)TO ALLOW TWO SUBNETS ACCESS INTERNET THROUGH IT

A:

1. No. Built-in and no longer require a config.

2. Yes.

If you use multi-net in the search engine on our official website: Search result

You'll find a list of related articles. New articles apply to ER605/7206.

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

There are tons of posts on the forum about this as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Letting 2 subnets share a router for WAN access-Solution
2023-08-10 01:50:50 - last edited 2023-08-10 01:51:32

Hi @TKaralar 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

TKaralar wrote

A:

1. No. Built-in and no longer require a config.

2. Yes.

If you use multi-net in the search engine on our official website: Search result

You'll find a list of related articles. New articles apply to ER605/7206.

How to configure Multi-Networks & Multi-SSIDs on Omada SDN Controller

How to create multi networks and manage network behavior with ACL on Omada Gateway in standalone mode

There are tons of posts on the forum about this as well.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Official and Beta firmware. NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ ● Be kind and nice. ● Stay on the topic. ● Post details. ● Search first. Don't be a lazy asker. ● Please don't take it for granted. ● No email confidentiality should be violated. ● S/N, MAC, and your true public IP should be mosaiced.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 513

Replies: 1

Related Articles