House network - looking for advice about where to add three Deco M5s on my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

House network - looking for advice about where to add three Deco M5s on my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-10 17:58:50 - last edited 2023-08-11 06:58:52
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey there.

I have three Deco M5s that I want to integrate into my home network to supply Wi-Fi.

The general layout, and requirements, of my home network is this:

I'm already using a switch to provide connections to a bunch of desktops.

The challenge is, I want to ensure all Decos have wired backhaul.

How would you approach this setup?

Many thanks.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:House network - looking for advice about where to add three Deco M5s on my network-Solution
2023-08-10 19:31:21 - last edited 2023-08-11 06:58:52

@Temmy 

Configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

In that mode, you can wire Deco unit(s) anywhere Ethernet cable is.

You can even do this: unplug PC, plug M5 to that Ethernet cable, connect another Ethernet cable to the second port of M5 and use it to connect PC to it. Think of M5 as a device that has two-port gigabit Ethernet switch.

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:House network - looking for advice about where to add three Deco M5s on my network-Solution
2023-08-10 19:31:21 - last edited 2023-08-11 06:58:52

@Temmy 

Configure Deco mesh to run in Access Point mode. Switching a Deco to Access Point (AP) Mode

In that mode, you can wire Deco unit(s) anywhere Ethernet cable is.

You can even do this: unplug PC, plug M5 to that Ethernet cable, connect another Ethernet cable to the second port of M5 and use it to connect PC to it. Think of M5 as a device that has two-port gigabit Ethernet switch.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 226

Replies: 1

Related Articles