Archer AX1500 youtube and chromecast problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 14:20:38
Tags: #Archer AX1500
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.8 Build 20230619 Rel. 61512(4555)

Hello. So this is my first ride with TP-Link when it comes to routers.

Chromecast.
Had massive problems with setting up my Chromecast that I got. It connected to the wifi then got stuck at updating but didnt update. After 5 min it said "Cannot connect to internet" and had me sign into the wifi again. My fix was to connect it to my phone and update it. And when it was done I connected it to my wifi again. Tried to install apps. Once again nothing happend. So connected it to the phone again. Downloaded the apps. And then connect to the wifi. Streaming to it works fine on the wifi. But I dont want to have to connect it to my phone everytime there is an update.

Youtube.
It takes for ever to load a video. And when it does in the middle of the video it gets all black. My guess this is where ads are ment to be playing. And this looks like a problem only on wifi. PS5, phones, chromecast. On PC it workes OK. Sometimes there are a loading screen for like 10 sec.

I'v seen some post about the chromecast but nothing has helped.
If someone knows if there is a feature or something thats blocking stuff.
I havent done anything to the router more then the basic setup.

Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer AX1500 youtube and chromecast problems
2023-08-14 08:11:22

@JinxSwe 

Hi, please disable Smart Connect on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page, make sure the wireless clients are connected to the 5G WiFi as long as they support 5G. 

If the problem still exists, please try changing the WiFi channel and channel width as well on the same wireless settings page.

By the way, did you ever run speedtest to see if the wired and wireless speed are normal or not?

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-16 07:32:53
Thank you for the answer. This somewhat worked. On the PS5 the videos loads instantly and no problems there. Haven't tried the chromecast again. How ever. Now Im getting problems with my wired computer. Now Youtube and other video services takes for ever to load. And yes have run speed test on the things that I can. And getting the speed thats intended.
Options
2023-08-29 07:45:17

@Sunshine Starting to get really annoyed with this. Can't even download and update apps on my phone. There is something with the router that is blocking google services. Connected my computer directly to the fiber modem and it works flawlessly. 

Options
2023-08-29 08:31:21

@JinxSwe 

Hi, do you mean wired connection to the router start having the same issue now?

Please try to set Internet DNS servers manually to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 on Advanced->Network->Internet->Advanced Settings->DNS Address part.

If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-29 08:41:28

@Sunshine Already have. Still having the same issues. Youtube takes for ever to load. Some youtube ads are just black. Can't download apps on mobile or chromecast.

Options
2023-08-31 09:40:37

@JinxSwe 

Hi, who is your ISP please?

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-08-31 10:09:19

@Sunshine https://bahnhof.se/

Options
2023-09-01 07:04:57

@JinxSwe 

Thanks for the reply, please wait for the email from senior engineer, and if the issue can be located or solved, please let the community know, thanks.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 618

Replies: 8

Tags

Archer AX1500
Related Articles