AP not working properly (reset button unresponsive and tplinkwifi.net not available)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

AP not working properly (reset button unresponsive and tplinkwifi.net not available)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-12 20:54:42
Tags: #Factory reset

Hello,

I have bought a second hand Tp-Link Access Point (AC1750). At first I instinctively wanted to factory reset the device, but the button seemed unresponsive, the LEDs were not blinking after holding the reset button for 10 seconds. I decided to ignore the issue and use the digital interface at http://tplinkwifi.net/ but that was not discoverable (it displayed the placeholder website). After trying some more possible solutions, including the 30-30-30 rule, I discovered that the wireless switch on the back also didn't function at all. The Wi-Fi and Ethernet interfaces seem to work perfectly fine though.

Does anyone know what could be causing this issue? Thanks in advance.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AP not working properly (reset button unresponsive and tplinkwifi.net not available)
2023-08-14 11:51:34

@Ties-Heijnis 

Hi, what is the model no. and hardware version of your Access Point? AC1750 is not the model.

Please make sure the power adapter matches with the access point specification including the Voltage, however, if factory reset still has no any response, I am afraid there is hardware issue on the access point, it is recommanded to contact the seller to return it since it is a second hand product.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 326

Replies: 1

Tags

Factory reset
Related Articles