Weird upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Weird upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Weird upload speed
Weird upload speed
2023-08-13 17:01:33
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.6 Build 20230526

I upgraded my internet connection to 500/500 and I realized that the WiFi can't run up to 500/500 it only has 500/300 and I can get full speed when using wired connections I even reset the router and still the same.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Weird upload speed
2023-08-14 01:51:37

@Unknownn 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. You mentioned that you can get full speed when using wired connections, may I know if you mean wired connection to ISP modem directly, or wired connection to the router LAN port?

2. For the Wi-Fi speed of the router, you are connected to 5GHz WiFi, right? Please try disabling Smart Connect on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page and then change the 5G Channel&Channel Width to see if it helps.

3. May I know the brand and model no. of your wireless client device that used to test the WiFi speed? usually, how many client devices are connected to the router? and what are they?

4. Please make sure QoS is disabled

Options
2023-08-14 02:12:13

Sunshine wrote

@Unknownn 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

1. You mentioned that you can get full speed when using wired connections, may I know if you mean wired connection to ISP modem directly, or wired connection to the router LAN port? Wired connection to the router LAN

2. For the Wi-Fi speed of the router, you are connected to 5GHz WiFi, right? Please try disabling Smart Connect on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page and then change the 5G Channel&Channel Width to see if it helps. I sure that I Connected to 5GHz

The issue still remains 

3. May I know the brand and model no. of your wireless client device that used to test the WiFi speed? usually, how many client devices are connected to the router? and what are they? only one device and the wireless client is iPhone 14 Pro

4. Please make sure QoS is disabled QoS is disable

@Sunshine 

Options
2023-08-15 07:49:51

@Unknownn 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

1. Please try running speedtest again on your iphone, and during the speedtest process, please check the Tx/Rx Rate(Mbps) between the router and the iphone on Network Map client list page.

2. Except for the iPhone, please connect a laptop to the 5G WiFi as well for comparison, please also run the speedtest at the same condition and check Tx/Rx Rate(Mbps) of the laptop as well.

After that, we would like to forward your case to our support engineer for further analysis via email.

Options
2023-08-15 12:01:02

@Sunshine 

laptop can run up to 500/500 in the same condition.

The Tx/Rx Rate is both at 1201/1201

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 4

Related Articles