x80 - connection drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

x80 - connection drop

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
x80 - connection drop
x80 - connection drop
2023-08-15 06:26:10
Tags: #X80-5G
Model: Deco X80-5G  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.3 Build 20230403

The problem, as others have reported, is that the X80-5G drops the connection - leaving a "no link to internet" and a red light on the unit. I can leave this for a while and no recovery. The only solution is to do a reboot either via the app or pulling the power cord, after which the unit returns to connected, for a while at least.

I had this problem at the start of the year and had lots of support from the TP-Link team, with units going back and forth until finally we thought it was down to the physical sim, which i replaced and it seemed to be ok. Then recently the X80 started to play up again with its "Red light of death". I noticed this tended to happen when i was pulling a lot of data down over the link (i.e. middle of a long video conference or download) and often the unit seemed fairly hot, but that could all have been circumstantial.

I have swapped the X80 out for a 5G ZTE unit and rebuilt my local network accordingly, as i cant afford the time to go through the whole support exercise again and certainly cant tolerate the loss of internet connection during important video conferences. 

Before I toss the X80 in the bin, i wanted to check if other X80 users had/continued to experience this same problem and what if any workarounds / setups had they found to address the issue.

Options
1 Reply
Re:x80 - connection drop
2023-08-16 06:41:01

@spconx 

Hi, I have used a 4G mobile router once before but ended with a cable connection later. In my case, heat dissipation is also a problem. After continuous use for about 2-3 hours, it always gets too hot to touch and I need to unplug/cool it for a while. 4G router is a good choice for temporary use and travel. For stable and long-term home use, I think you should still go for cable connections. But I am trying to get a mobile router for my holiday cabin, I am quite interested in how the ZTE units went.

Options

Information

Helpful: 7

Views: 206

Replies: 1

Tags

X80-5G
Related Articles