mesh topology question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

mesh topology question

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
mesh topology question
mesh topology question
2023-08-15 07:13:45 - last edited 2023-08-15 07:17:24
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi all i have the topology shown below

In a 2 floor building the main deco is located in the first floor (connected to router) and the other 2 repeater deco's in 2nd floor and G floor.

The garage cant get good signal from the G floor deco can i add one more deco and repeat the signal from the G floor deco or all the repeater deco's must get signal from the main one ?

I use the access point mode, the repeater deco's only have power no lan

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:mesh topology question
2023-08-15 12:44:35

@asiawatcher 

If all three of your Deco are M5 and you plan to add another M5, you should be able to configure new M5 to connect to Ground floor Deco. See this document, part 1: How to select a preferred signal source on the Deco App

Your Deco mesh should have that configuration setting already. Check it in Deco app: if it is not there, adding new M5 will not bring it and you can't control where new Deco can connect.

If you can't find this setting in your Deco app, let me know and I can help you to figure why it is not there.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 177

Replies: 1

Related Articles