Archer AX3000 and Deco X75 Mesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-21 16:57:25
Model: Deco X75  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 Build 20230612 Rel. 54321

HI

I bought an Archer AX3000 to use as a Main Router and then a set x3 Deco X75 to use as Mesh devices to extend the signal.

When trying to set up the first Deco the only way it want to be set-up is as a Main router. Once installed I can change it to Access Point but I can't find a way to set it up as a child for the AX3000 main network and Mesh them

What am I missing? Have I bought the wrong extenders?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX3000 and Deco X75 Mesh
2023-08-21 18:28:04 - last edited 2023-08-21 18:30:06

@iampowerslave I don't think that option exists for both Deco and your router. I bought the archer AX55 pro (it supports OneMesh but that doesn't support Deco mesh system). Long story short, decided to return that router and connect ISP's ONT cable directly to one of my Deco units as main router. Imo, your Deco X75 is powerful enough to cover the whole house so might as well think about removing your router if possible. If you want to keep your router (and broadcast wifi radio from this), be aware that transition between your Deco mesh & router will not as smooth cause your router is simply not on the same mesh.

Options
2023-08-21 18:36:41

@iampowerslave 

As has been explained, the Deco mesh is a different technology that the AX3000 mesh - details.

You can either return your AX3000 as unnecessary or turn its wireless radio off and set Deco in AP mode to cover your premises.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-25 16:14:34

Hi, thanks to everyone that answered.

I didn't knew beforehand when I bought this setup that the meshes were not compatible, that is not something easily found on searches, in fact the documents some of you pointed out were not results in many searches I've tried once I already had the setup

I thought the Deco were not as capable as the other AX, but then I did set up a Deco and only one has more reach and all the features I was searching for (like VPN Server) are available too. So I'm thinking of keeping the Decos instead.

The unfortunate side is that the Decos only work with a TP-Link login account and I don't feel confindent having a third party accesing my private configs.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 965

Replies: 3

Related Articles