Can't connect my Samsung TV to the 5Ghz wifi band of my Archer AX55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-26 14:05:33 - last edited 2023-08-26 14:28:17
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473(4555)

Hello everyone,

I'm experiencing almost the same problems that were described in this thread, with the only difference being my tv (a UE40KU6400, this time around).

Why do I say almost? Because it turns out that if I leave my 5ghz (which is separated from the 2.4ghz one having a different ssid and all) without any password protection at all, it manages to connect without problems, and that wasn't mentioned/tested in the previous thread. Changing the password protection type didn't help at all, I tried all the possible combinations but only not having it entirely managed to make it connect (which isn't a solution for obvious reason, nor is the need to WPS connect it everytime like that user suggested back then, and the guest network should remain separeted from the rest of my network (my main usecase is Steam Link, which needs the 2 devices to be discoverable by each other on the same network, hence me using the main one, and on the 5ghz band to have acceptable performance (2.4ghz works but is too laggy))). The tv had no problems connecting with wpa psk 2 aes to the 5ghz band of my previous router, so I'm really not sure what's going on here.
Hopefully you might have some further troubleshooting suggestions since that thread.

Here are my normal wireless settings:

Wifi settings

And my no password setup that works:

Options
9 Reply
Re:Can't connect my Samsung TV to the 5Ghz wifi band of my Archer AX55
2023-08-27 21:33:29

@Banz99 

I have two UE40KU6400 TVs and they both connected to my AX55 (in AP mode) the last time I ran some WiFi tests. They are now both cabled via  intermediary routers (WR840N) to keep the TVs from flooding my main network with senseless ARP requests and other traffic. 

Give me a day or two to retest the TVs with the AX55's 5Ghz network and I'll let you know how it turns out.

Options
2023-08-28 07:40:51

@Banz99 

Hi, with your normal wireless settings, is the TV able to connect the 2.4G WiFi or not?

Did you try WPA/WPA2 PSK as the wireless security for the 5G WiFi band? and what is the error message when you try to connect the TV to 5G WiFi with password?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-28 10:13:51

@Sunshine 

Yes, it does work fine with 2.4 ghz with password without problems (not really a solution for my needs, as the main post says). As I said, I tried all crypthographic options (even wpa3), but only "None" worked.

This is what the tv reports:

(192.168.2.81 is a valid ip address of my network, set up like this)

This is what reports when without password:

Options
2023-08-28 11:21:43

@Banz99 

Hi, based on the screenshots, the TV has an IP address even though the wireless network disconnected, may I know if the TV is using static IP address? 

If so, please try to change it to DHCP to obtain IP address automatically.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-28 11:27:12 - last edited 2023-08-28 11:28:27

@Sunshine 

Yes, I set that static ip address myself (no, nothing else is currently using it). If I disable it, this is what I get (I think it's just plain wrong as it can't connect at all, dhcp works for everything else), and again 192.168.2.81 works with no password.

Options
2023-08-28 22:33:11 - last edited 2023-08-28 22:34:46

@Banz99 

Just ran a quick test with one of my TVs.  It connected on the first try to the AX55 without any issues.  Here is a snapshot from the clients list:

The security setting is set to WPA2-PSK[AES].  The AX55 is in the AP mode and located within 3 meters of the TV.

Options
2023-08-29 01:35:40

@jra11500 thank you very much for sharing your test results

@Banz99 Since Jra11500 has no problem connecting the same TV to the AX55 5G WiFi, and you mentioned that it had no problem connecting to 5G WiFi of your previous router, if your previous router is still available now, please test your previous router again and use the same security WPA2-PSK AES for its 5G WiFi to see if it still works fine now without the static IP address.

By the way, on the AX55 Router, you could also try to change the 5G WiFi channel from Auto to a static one such as channel 36.

Options
2023-08-29 08:38:41

@Sunshine @jra11500

I honestly do not know what to tell you. Reconnected my old router, everything works. Connected to my phone via 5ghz hotspot, it works. Changed from router to ap mode, nothing changed. The only thing that seemed to have any result was when I was messing around with the wifi channels (I even tried some DFS ones, without any success), at some point it managed to do a single successful connection out of the 50 tries when it was set to auto (48), but I haven't been able to reproduce it since (and it doesn't work if I manually set it to 48). I'm living in the countryside where there are at most 2 foreign wifi networks being detected, so it's not even a super dense urban environment with a lot of wifi noise from other networks. The tv shows 3 wifi bars out of 4, so I don't think it can be related to signal strenght, and even then why would it work without password?

Options
2023-08-29 09:01:47

@Banz99 

Hi, To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 2634

Replies: 9

Related Articles