New Virgin Hub 5 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Virgin Hub 5 set up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New Virgin Hub 5 set up
New Virgin Hub 5 set up
2023-08-28 18:35:04 - last edited 2023-08-29 07:52:43

Just checking im doing this right, just had the new virgin hub 5 delivered, i just need to confirm what i do to ensure my current E4 devices are set up with the new hub, as it's already set up with previous virgin hub 3. So other than connecting all leads etc its just changing the wifi name and password to new one in wifi settings on the app? Is that all, anything else im missing? Please note, This is with the hub in router not modem mode. Thats the next step! 

Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:New Virgin Hub 5 set up-Solution
2023-08-28 21:23:30 - last edited 2023-08-29 07:52:43

@AmdrewM 

You just have to replicate you Hub 3 network setting on the Hub 5 and keep the Deco setup as is.

In general:

if the HUb 5 is in router mode then your Deco setup should be in AP mode to avoid the double NAT in your local network.

If you plan to set Hub 5 in modem mode then Deco should be configured in router mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:New Virgin Hub 5 set up-Solution
2023-08-28 21:23:30 - last edited 2023-08-29 07:52:43

@AmdrewM 

You just have to replicate you Hub 3 network setting on the Hub 5 and keep the Deco setup as is.

In general:

if the HUb 5 is in router mode then your Deco setup should be in AP mode to avoid the double NAT in your local network.

If you plan to set Hub 5 in modem mode then Deco should be configured in router mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1279

Replies: 1

Related Articles