hat kind of AP n how many AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 03:24:34 - last edited 2023-09-01 02:09:04

Hello Guru,
i have plan build wifi for all user  beside the row of street, street long around 1km. The plan is client using handphone can use internet in that range. need help what kind of AP n how many AP i must use for 50 clients. as information the building height around 6m and trees height around 12m. Thankyou for your help. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:hat kind of AP n how many AP-Solution
2023-08-31 17:01:38 - last edited 2023-09-01 02:09:04

@samnade 

Your issue wont be the APs, rather the devices themselves.  APs can send signals much futher than a client device can reply from, so even the lowest EAP610 can send a decent signal 50m down the road, however the small phone/tablet on a small antenna with lower power battery wont be able to talk back at a reasonable strength.   Clients are always the issue in this respect.

Personally..  if covering 1km I would be looking for 10 APs each spaced 100ms apart.  Any of the Outdoor Models would do for you.   Enable roaming and have them all cabled back to the central Router/Switch.

I wouldnt recommend anymore than 100m as that basically means the devices are 50m from the nearest AP, that is about the limit for battery devices.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:hat kind of AP n how many AP
2023-08-31 03:05:48

@samnade 

From my knowledge, each outdoor EAP has the 150m recommended wifi coverage range. Suggest you use the Solution on the official website, it will create a unique solution for you.

Just striving to develop myself while helping others.
Options
Re:hat kind of AP n how many AP-Solution
2023-08-31 17:01:38 - last edited 2023-09-01 02:09:04

@samnade 

Your issue wont be the APs, rather the devices themselves.  APs can send signals much futher than a client device can reply from, so even the lowest EAP610 can send a decent signal 50m down the road, however the small phone/tablet on a small antenna with lower power battery wont be able to talk back at a reasonable strength.   Clients are always the issue in this respect.

Personally..  if covering 1km I would be looking for 10 APs each spaced 100ms apart.  Any of the Outdoor Models would do for you.   Enable roaming and have them all cabled back to the central Router/Switch.

I wouldnt recommend anymore than 100m as that basically means the devices are 50m from the nearest AP, that is about the limit for battery devices.

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 372

Replies: 2

Related Articles