Blocking ports on AX55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Blocking ports on AX55

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Blocking ports on AX55
Blocking ports on AX55
2023-09-01 15:01:38
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3

I got this router for its VPN client capability, however was unable to find an option to block ports to incoming traffic. In my case this is necessary to ignore some TCP ports in order to play the game with UDP.

I also subscribed to Homeshield, but it looks like it does not even have any UI to make modifications in... Is it a passive service? Can't even set any parental controls?

Could anyone help please? Cannot block the ports on Xbox.

Extra question - is it possible to add IPV6 addresses/DNS's to VPN client wireguard configuration? I got an error 'Invalid configuration'. The same configuration works as expected in Wireguard PC application.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Blocking ports on AX55
2023-09-04 02:02:21

@ruuter 

For Homeshield parental control, you need to configure it via Tether App, here is the guide: How to set up the HomeShield Parental Controls feature on a TP-Link Router/Deco

However, blocking ports or adding IPV6 addresses/DNS's to VPN client might not be possible, I don't see such options on TP-Link Consumer-Grade Routers

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 142

Replies: 1

Related Articles