add a function plz deco be85

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-02 08:24:30
Model: Deco BE85  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.9 build 20230704 rel. 63991

Good morning,

- Tplink could add the function in the deco be85 to be able to put a static ip address by mac address on a device.
I have 4 tplink plugs that are connected to 3d printers.

with my old router I could put a static ip with mac address, so when the printer had finished printing, it sends a shutdown request to the tplink plug and the printer shuts down.

the problem with the deco be85, there is no possibility to do this and as the ip of the plugs change each time the router is restarted or when there is a power cut, and the shutdown requests do not work .

- Could you via the web interface on a pc have all the functions that we have when we use the deco application on smartphones. there are not many settings with the web interface and I have to use the smartphone every time when I have to modify a setting.

THANKS

Options
3 Reply
Re:add a function plz deco be85
2023-09-03 01:50:35 - last edited 2023-09-03 01:54:55

@madchip are you serious, there's no IP reservation feature yet?

On the XE75 I found that in the phone app under "More->Advanced->Address Reservation".

I got the XE75 because it was a much more inexpensive way to find out what the TP-Link Deco environment offers before buying a BE85 but your saying I can't rely on this at all!

Anyway, with those devices, if you can set an fixed address on them manually that's outside of the DHCP range that will work.

After what you have said I don't know even if you can check (and possibly change) the DHCP address range but on my XE75 the settings, including address reservation, are under "More->Advanced".

Buy default, on the XE75, the range started at 192.168.68.50 so if I need to I can set static addresses on anything between 68.2 and 68.49.

Options
2023-09-03 16:44:33

@raven-au hi

thanks

i found this option too, you need choose more after advanced and you have address reservation, but all devices don't appear on list, i need add mac adress and adress ip i want

thanks for your help smiley

Options
2023-09-03 17:08:17

@madchip Do you not see 'Custom' where you can input mac addresses & IP?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 449

Replies: 3

Related Articles