TL-WA860RE V6 RANGE EXTENDER

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-03 17:07:31 - last edited 2023-09-06 02:16:14

Hello,

I am trying to connect my mobile phone to a TPLINK TL-WA860RE V6 range extender. 

I have used TPLink Tether to check the name and password of the range extender. And copied the password. This is the same password as the router to which the range extender is connected.

My phone can see the TPlink range extender but when I try and connect to it I am presented with a TPlink log in page (tplinkrepeater.net) for the extender. So I have tried the router password and the TPLink "admin" but both do not work. I am out of ideas.

What is the password I need to use?

Thanks,

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:TL-WA860RE V6 RANGE EXTENDER-Solution
2023-09-04 15:09:38 - last edited 2023-09-06 02:16:14

@nevica 

If you can't remember the login password you should reset the TL-WA860RE to its factory defaults and reconfigure:

"With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button for 1 second."

That's the password for TL-WA860RE web management, the factory default wireless password is printed on the label of the extender.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WA860RE V6 RANGE EXTENDER-Solution
2023-09-04 15:09:38 - last edited 2023-09-06 02:16:14

@nevica 

If you can't remember the login password you should reset the TL-WA860RE to its factory defaults and reconfigure:

"With the extender powered on, use a pin to press the RESET button for 1 second."

That's the password for TL-WA860RE web management, the factory default wireless password is printed on the label of the extender.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 1

Related Articles