EC230-G1 Password does not reset even after hard reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-05 11:39:15

I have got a used TP Link EC230-G1 Router. Everything works fine but I am not able to get into the router as I do not know the password. Even after a successfull hard reset (holding the reset button for 10 seconds, and yes I have also tried the 30-30-30 sec method) seems like the only thing that does not reset is the initial password to get into the router configuration. No matter what I do (tried on multiple devices, browsers etc) I always get directly to this login screen. Can somebody pls explain what do I do here to get into the router configuration? Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:EC230-G1 Password does not reset even after hard reset
2023-09-05 11:56:09 - last edited 2023-09-05 12:05:25

@Pete_Covo 

If this router has been provided initially by an ISP then probably its password has been customized - get in touch with the ISP for assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-05 12:01:58

@terziyski thanks but as I've mentioned in the OP, the router is in used condition, this means it wasn't provided by my ISP. The person I got it from unfortunately also doesn't remember the password.

There has to be some sort of way to reset this.

Options
2023-09-05 13:09:16 - last edited 2023-09-05 13:19:19

@Pete_Covo 

Upon successful reset the router's username/password should be admin/admin.

If It only asks for the login password which you have created in the first time you logged in and you forgot it, you need to reset it.

These will help unless its FW has been customized for an ISP.

If nobody knows its default management password there's nothing you can do except contacting the ISP that provided the router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-05 15:27:23

@terziyski again, thanks for trying but your posts in this discussion are not helpful at all.

If someone else has experience with a similar problem, any advice appart of saying how it's not possible will help. Thx

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1620

Replies: 4

Related Articles