Problem with tplink cloud

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-05 16:40:21

Hello everybody! 

I have question about router Archer C7 with switched on Tplink Cloud(ID). 

This router is as second router in my LAN network because first one is from internet proviader. It means is double NAT.

When I switche on my router a I can see him in Theter apk on my phone.But after few minutes the router is no aktiv in applikation on phone. What could be problem? Double NAT? Or other problem? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Problem with tplink cloud
2023-09-05 16:55:23

@Martinus 

How often does that happen ? Every few minutes after restarting C7 or just occasionally ?

I doubt that double NAT is an issue - just make sure that you have the latest FW release on your Archer C7 and you have installed the latest tether app on your mobile.

By the way if you want to avoid the double NAT in your LAN you can configure the C7 in AP mode.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-05 19:35:28
Router has the latest FW and phone the latest version Theter app. Generally the problem is with remote access (from other IP WAN). When the router is rebooting (switch off and switch on the power) I see the router in Theter app from other IP WAN but somethimes he is disable after few minutes somethimes after one hour. By local IP a can see him and I can log to him. I think that the problem is with logging to TP-Link Cloud. I use the same Tplink ID in 2 other location and there it isn`t problem with remote access. In my LAN is 2rd Archer C7 and he works in access mode. I would like have one router with Cloud access because I need now who is logged to LAN and somethimes I need block someone.
Options
2023-09-05 19:59:49 - last edited 2023-09-12 19:39:32

@Martinus 

A good test would be to use your TP-Link ID to login the second Archer C7 (which works in AP mode in your LAN) and check if it has a similar issue.

I guess this will depend on the Archer C7 HW version, which you didn't mention. What make and model is your ISP router - it could as well causing this issue.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-17 07:50:49

@Martinus 

Hello!

It seems like the issue might be related to the double NAT configuration. Double NAT can sometimes cause communication problems between devices and applications. You may want to check the router settings to ensure port forwarding and NAT configurations are correctly set up to allow seamless communication with the  The Turfs TP-Link Cloud(ID) service. Additionally, verifying if any settings or configurations are timing out after a few minutes could also be beneficial.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 573

Replies: 4

Related Articles