Votes

Better identification of clients connected and flagging of unknown/un-named clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

Better identification of clients connected and flagging of unknown/un-named clients

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-05 21:40:48

Would be nice to see a feature that would better identify clients by the type of device, name, manufactuer, etc.  Maybe even a way to custom add a field for "type" of device especially for those IOT devices and have visual icons or the ability to custom choose the type of icons so the client can be easier to recognize at a glance.  MAC addres is certainly handy, but only in advanced settings per device or when I really want to see them in a column instead of by default.

Also it would be nice to get mobile app notifications and a log of unknown clients joining the network at the time of intial connection.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Better identification of clients connected and flagging of unknown/un-named clients
2023-09-06 06:56:14

Hello @iamnotwhoiam,

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I've recorded this request and will report it to the developer team for evaluation.

Best Regards! >> Omada EAP Firmware Trial Available Here << >> Get the Latest Omada SDN Controller Releases Here << *Try filtering posts on each forum by Label of [Early Access]*
Options
RE:Better identification of clients connected and flagging of unknown/un-named clients
2023-10-10 20:00:21
Improve the shown "USERNAME" filed on clients to reflect the device name. Device name is available to similar router devices, why can't Omada get the same information? Clients > Config > Name should not have to be populated manually when "Hostname" is available.
Options
RE:Better identification of clients connected and flagging of unknown/un-named clients
2023-10-11 05:36:47

@adminuser

on mine, it is auto-populated and virtual mac address is disabled. i am using a wired connection.

then how's your environment? what makes you draw this conclusion?

ScReW yOu gUyS. I aM GOinG hoMe. —————————————————————— For heaven's sake, can you write and describe your issue based on plain fact, common logic and a methodologic approach? Appreciate it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 410

Replies: 3

Voters 3