unable to login to router after linking the router with tether app

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-06 18:05:37
Model: Archer C60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 Build 20161206 rel.65407

After binding the router with the tether app, I cannot log in to the router using the following link. I am using the same email and password as the Tether app. 

http://192.168.1.1/webpages/login.html

When I checked the response using the inspect option of Chrome. I am getting the following.

{"success":false,"data":{"errorcode":"-2001"}}

Options
4 Reply
Re:unable to login to router after linking the router with tether app
2023-09-07 06:55:50

@imran02 

After you login the router via Tether App, did you bind the router to your TP-Link ID as well? If not, you will still need to use local password of the router to login the web interface instead of the TP-Link ID and password.

If you are not sure whether your router is bound to the TP-Link ID, please go to Tools->TP-Link ID page on the Tether App to have a check, or please send me a private messgae to provide the MAC address of your Archer C60 router.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-07 10:46:14

@Sunshine Yes, I did bind the router but it's no longer appearing. I tried to add my email to link the router but failed as shown in the second screenshot. I also sending my mac address in private message.

Options
2023-09-08 10:49:55

@imran02 

Hi, upon checking the MAC address, the router is not bound to any TP-Link ID, when you try to bind it again, please add the owner account first instead of manager account.

If you fail to add owner account as well, please try reset the router to factory default settings, then try to bind it again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-08 11:23:49

@Sunshine how to add an owner account? within the tether app, i am see my router.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 4

Related Articles