Deco ethernet and wireless connections

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-07 12:44:49 - last edited 2023-09-07 14:25:27

Hi, I'm thinking about purchasing a home mesh setup, and wondered whether it's possible to connect a device (for instance a Playstation or PC) using an ethernet cable into a Deco that is connected wirelessly to the main hub (which would be connected to a Virgin Media router in modem mode). I know you can connect wireless Decos to each other, but I just need to know if broadband speeds would improve if I connect a device directly. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Deco ethernet and wireless connections -Solution
2023-09-07 14:03:41 - last edited 2023-09-07 14:25:27

@Roscoe68 

Yes, you can connect a device using Ethernet cable to any available Ethernet port of Satellite Deco. 

Note that some Deco models come with 3 Ethernet ports, such as Deco X50/X55, while other only have 2 Ethernet ports. If you plan to wire devices to Deco units, you may wish to check how many Ethernet ports you can have on Deco units.

Also, if there is not enough Ethernet ports, you can connect standard gigabit switch to Satellite Deco with Ethernet cable, to expand number of available Ethernet ports.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco ethernet and wireless connections -Solution
2023-09-07 14:03:41 - last edited 2023-09-07 14:25:27

@Roscoe68 

Yes, you can connect a device using Ethernet cable to any available Ethernet port of Satellite Deco. 

Note that some Deco models come with 3 Ethernet ports, such as Deco X50/X55, while other only have 2 Ethernet ports. If you plan to wire devices to Deco units, you may wish to check how many Ethernet ports you can have on Deco units.

Also, if there is not enough Ethernet ports, you can connect standard gigabit switch to Satellite Deco with Ethernet cable, to expand number of available Ethernet ports.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Deco ethernet and wireless connections
2023-09-07 14:26:34
Thank-you! We've had weeks and weeks of our young 'un complaining about our connection speeds so this should be a welcome solution!
Options