Negotiation speed dropped out of nowhere

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-08 15:27:07
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.0.16

My internet speed was OK (100mbps) until i started to notice bad latency (up to 400ms) and slow speed, 10mbps. I noticed that in router settings negotiation speed of my LAN which connects to pc, dropped from 100mbps full duplex to 10mbps half duplex. I basically cant play any games right now. I also have connected one more ethernet cable, which is my set top box for TV which is ok and runs with 100mbps and full duplex. I dont think that my cable is too long or broken. As I said it happend out of nowhere... Any way how to fix that?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Negotiation speed dropped out of nowhere
2023-09-11 08:32:00

@Motixan 

Hi, did you try a different Ethernet cable to connect the PC and router LAN port? also try a different LAN port, If the negotiation speed is always 10Mbps half duplex, please try connecting the same PC to your ISP modem directly with the same cable to see if it works on 10Mbps or 100Mbps, please share with us the related screenshots as well.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options