My Tether App will not accept the password on my new Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 11:17:21 - last edited 2023-09-12 03:30:15

I am trying to connect the new router my supplier provided to the ther app to manage the device, but the App will not accept the password on the bottom of the router. I have connected to the router wirelessly using the same password.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My Tether App will not accept the password on my new Router-Solution
2023-09-12 02:47:51 - last edited 2023-09-12 03:30:15

@Paul50 

For managing your TP-Link router with the tether app you'll need the web management password for the router, not the wireless password that has been provided already.

By default web-management username/password is admin/admin, unless it has been changed by your ISP. If it's different call your ISP for further assistance on that.

Here's a guide for configuring your router with the tether app.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:My Tether App will not accept the password on my new Router-Solution
2023-09-12 02:47:51 - last edited 2023-09-12 03:30:15

@Paul50 

For managing your TP-Link router with the tether app you'll need the web management password for the router, not the wireless password that has been provided already.

By default web-management username/password is admin/admin, unless it has been changed by your ISP. If it's different call your ISP for further assistance on that.

Here's a guide for configuring your router with the tether app.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 228

Replies: 1

Related Articles