Cannot Login after Changing the IP Address

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-13 16:13:39 - last edited 2023-09-18 01:40:39
Model: ER8411  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0_20230705-rel64091_up_2023-07-05_17.55.12

Whenever I reset the router to the factory default I can set the login and password and login works every time I login.  If I change the router IP adress, for example,(from 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.1.1) the login fails everytime.  Error message is "invalid username or password".  I have reset multiple times and the result is always the same.  Is there a solution to resolve this issue?

Thanks, dzakula

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot Login after Changing the IP Address-Solution
2023-09-15 06:56:45 - last edited 2023-09-18 01:40:39

Hi @dzakula 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Clear the browser cache and try again. Especially, the cookies. Or you can use the Incognito mode, which should fix the problem.

If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the error and the login page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Login after Changing the IP Address-Solution
2023-09-15 06:56:45 - last edited 2023-09-18 01:40:39

Hi @dzakula 

Thanks for posting in our business forum.

Clear the browser cache and try again. Especially, the cookies. Or you can use the Incognito mode, which should fix the problem.

If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the error and the login page.

Best Regards! If you are new to the forum, please read: Howto - A Guide to Use Forum Effectively. Read Before You Post. Look for a model? Search your model NOW Beta firmware got some NEW features! Subscribe for the latest update!Download Beta Here☚ ☛ ★ Configuration Guide ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Knowledge Base ★ ☚ ☛ ★ Troubleshooting Manual ★ ☚ (Disclaimer: Short links are used above solely for guidance to TP-Link subdomains and are safe and tracker-free. Exercise caution with short links from non-official members on forums. We are not liable for external content or damage from non-official members' link use.)
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Cannot Login after Changing the IP Address
2023-09-16 22:06:33

Hi @Clive_A 

Thank you for the help, I was able to login after following your suggestion.

I didn't see any beta firmware for the ER8411 router, did I miss something?

I did see beta firmware for the OC300 controller (OC300(UN)_V1_1.19.3_Build20230906(Beta)), will this work for my current OC300 V1 controller (OC300(UN)_V1_1.17.0_20230328 Rel52369)(Controller Version 5.9.32)?

New Issue.  After setting the network up with the OC300 controller, the ER8411 router and some additional switches, I can no longer login to the controller directly from my PC.  I receive two notifications after entering the user name and password (Controller ID not exist) and (Omadacid does not exist).  However, logging in through the cloud works perfectly fine.  Is there something in the settings I need to change to resolve this issue?

Thanks, dzakula

Options
Re:Cannot Login after Changing the IP Address
2023-09-18 01:40:35

Hi @dzakula 

dzakula wrote

Hi @Clive_A 

Thank you for the help, I was able to login after following your suggestion.

I didn't see any beta firmware for the ER8411 router, did I miss something?

I did see beta firmware for the OC300 controller (OC300(UN)_V1_1.19.3_Build20230906(Beta)), will this work for my current OC300 V1 controller (OC300(UN)_V1_1.17.0_20230328 Rel52369)(Controller Version 5.9.32)?

New Issue.  After setting the network up with the OC300 controller, the ER8411 router and some additional switches, I can no longer login to the controller directly from my PC.  I receive two notifications after entering the user name and password (Controller ID not exist) and (Omadacid does not exist).  However, logging in through the cloud works perfectly fine.  Is there something in the settings I need to change to resolve this issue?

Thanks, dzakula

1. Not every version will have a beta for public testing. If there is one, you can find it in the pinned thread under the Business Router. If there isn't, then it is what it is.

2. You'll see if the beta applies to your OC300 or not in the beta thread. It shows the compatible hardware and software version. The straight answer is YES.

3. You have changed something in your network and the controller IP has been changed which caused the problem that you have now. So to fix it, find the correct IP address after you make the changes to your LAN. I am pretty sure this is a common confusion after you make changes to your LAN.

I don't have any better way to find the IP address. Scan the LAN by ARP. That may help you find the IP of the OC300.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 3

Related Articles