A unwanted SSID "Hidden Network" shows in windows laptop..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-18 10:40:50

Just on this thread, https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/234774

Connect this unwanted hidden network, it wants the SSID and password .... Then I gave the same SSID which I used to connect the WiFi and the password of my WiFi. It connects and names it as same my real SSID and gave number after it, like [SSID] 2...  and then if I go to reconnect to hidden network it set [SSID] 3.

Same as what I am experiencing now so I decided to turn off my Deco system and it still shows Hidden Network will full signal however when I enter in the above credentials it says 'unable to connect to this network'

What is broadcasting it?? Why is it showing Hidden Network when offline? I pulled the plug for my 3 Decos..

Very confusing?? Can anyone please explain...

Options
1 Reply
Re:A unwanted SSID "Hidden Network" shows in windows laptop..
2023-09-19 00:23:59

@nodram 

As explained in the thread you posted - these hidden networks are meant for building a mesh network.

Do you have any other wireless router except Decos in your LAN, that could emit such hidden SSID ?

If you don't have other devices that could emit a hidden SSID, then probably your neighbor does ?

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 230

Replies: 1

Related Articles