Deco X50 POE Seperate 2G & 5G wifi SSID

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-19 10:25:31
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220902 Rel. 58645

Just bought Deco X50 POE

How to have 2 seperate networks of 2G and 5G, I want my TV's, Laptops to be on 5G and family phones on 2G, how the hell can I do that?

Such a pain in the neck, for convinence only setup by APP, my A$$, what about people like me who have big fingers and want to setup on PC and want to write things before typing JIC...

This is a crazy piece of networking device. I have come accross crippeled devices.. but this whole DECO line fo TPLINK is like going overboard.

you CAN NOT do the following with any Deco device;

1. Have seperate Wifi networks of 2G & 5G
  2. Disable DHCP
  3. Limit DHCP for 15 Devices
  4. No Wifi BAND or Channel selections

This is a device which is only ment for Homes and that too for High END homes. not for Corporates to use thir corporate DHCP or People who have crapy Broadband Routers, which can not be changed as they are Fiber ones or Copper Cable ones and need to create a seperate WiFi with that lame broadband router this is definatly not for them (Me too). 

What is TPLINK thinking and assuming??

If there is no way to do any of the above 5 tasks, I will be returing it and will never use or recommend these devices to anyone. will be waiting for 2 days for any pointer on how to get these done else, Thank you TPLINK and Goodbye.

Thank you

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X50 POE Seperate 2G & 5G wifi SSID
2023-09-19 13:46:28

@Net_Operator 

Just to clarify: you have fibre or cable router you have to keep, and you are adding Deco mesh to it for just better WiFi coverage. 

If this is correct, I have same setup at home with my cable ISP router and can help you with initial Deco mesh setup and ways to work around some of its limitations. 

Still, there is no WiFi channel manual selection and smartphone app is a must, so if this doesn't work for you it may make sense to just return Deco hardware and try different WiFi mesh brand. 

Options
2023-09-20 17:11:09

@Alexandre. 
Sorry for Late reply

Yes, I have Fiber Broadband at my Home. the router supplied by the vendor is not good and dose not covers my whole House 4500Sqft.

I had earlier setup with AX10 TPlink router with 3 TP-Link RE300 AC1200 Mesh Wi-Fi Range Extender, 

AX10 servers as  2G and 5G networks, all extenders connects to AX10 on 5G and My home automation and Security is on Broadband router Wifi where I am doing MAC filtering and runs DHCP server,

In Short AX10 is having 2G on channel 6 & 5G on channel 48
Broadband Router 2G on Channel 4 & 5G on 40

All my mobile devices are using 2G, Laptops and TV's are on 5G,  I wanted to upgrade this AX10 1500Mbps network to X50 3000Mbps network for 4K an 8K content on Tv's, its been 10 months using TPlink there are sudden drops and loss of WifiSSD

While configuring I realized that

DHCP can not be turned off, unless AP mode is set. I want router mode but use as seperate AP with no DHCP.

You can either have both 2G&5G as smart wifi or either of them. I want both but seperat SSID's
there is no support to change channels

I alhe already ordered Asus ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) & 2 ASUS ZenWiFi Mini XD4 now.. few bucks more but seems to support all ...

sick of Tplink and their cheap wifi options with no support & advance options. giving it to one of my brother's friend for his Shop.

so long TPlink.

Thank you

Options
2023-09-20 17:11:58 - last edited 2023-09-20 17:26:48

@Alexandre.  Thank you for your reply and offering support.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 292

Replies: 3

Related Articles