Archer AX72 will not connect to Sky Q Tv Box for On Demand

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-20 14:31:39
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi 

Just had fibre installed and got AX72 router to give a better signal and speed in my house

Everything works fine I can connect 5ghz and 2.4ghz and ethernet to various devices, phones, laptops, amazon echos etc

The only thing that will not work properly is my Sky Q main tv box

I have tried ethernet and 2.4ghz wifi - both connect, give IP address etc, 2 ticks to say the TV box is connected to bradband and internet but none of the on demand services will work.

I have reset the box multiple times, tried wired and wifi over and over, turned wifi on and off on sky box etc - spoken to Sky (useless as always) but nothing

I have a spare Sky TV box which I tried - same issue, tried different LAN ports and also checked that the LAN port works with another TV box (streamer) which it does.

Switched back to the router than came free with my fibre install and that works fine with the Sky Q TV box so it isnt the wifi provider, it isnt the sky box it has to be the TP Link router - there must be some setting within the router that the TV box doesnt like for some reason but I am not very technical so have no idea what else to try

Any suggestions gladly recieved!

Thanks

Simon 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Archer AX72 will not connect to Sky Q Tv Box for On Demand
2023-09-20 19:26:54 - last edited 2023-09-20 19:27:20

@simontaylor7 

Have you tried changing the DNS servers on the AX72 to say Google or cloudflare DNS?

Cheers

Options
2023-09-20 20:46:12

@klipse 

thanks

would love to try anything but I am a total Idiot when it comes to tech stuff - I have no idea what that means??

Options
2023-09-20 21:04:19

@simontaylor7 

No worries, this link should show you how to change DNS addresses. (1st guide)

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1712/

The ones in the guide are for Google DNS and you can enter them as per the guide.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 3

Related Articles