Deco to specific Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco to specific Deco

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco to specific Deco
Deco to specific Deco
2023-09-20 18:47:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Is there a way to connect Deco to a specific Deco?

My connections are poor in quality since it tries to connect through several walls instead of connecting to a node with better signal.

Restarting the entire network or specific Decos does not improve the status.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco to specific Deco
2023-09-20 22:22:31

@Shaifa Does your M4 have Connection Preference option? It depends on the firmware they are on.

If that's not the case, this might sound a bit silly but before my XE75P got updated with the Connection Preference option, I had to use a saucepan to cover the node in my basement that it always connect to regardless it sits right next to another node.That trick worked for me lol (I don't remember exact steps but if it doesn't work with 1st time, try rebooting the only node that you're trying to connect to the right one).

Options
Re:Deco to specific Deco
2023-09-20 23:50:07

@Espress0-0 Love that suggestion! Have to try it now :D I have tried every other possible way.

I don't have the preferred device option and I have updated my devices through the Deco app.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 2

Related Articles