Forgot Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Forgot Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Forgot Password
Forgot Password
2023-09-27 09:42:03 - last edited 2023-10-11 08:52:29
Model: TL-WR845N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Good day,

I have the above router which I have forgotten the password for so I am unable to log in to the the router. I am also unable to connect a device to the router as the router is mounted in the roof. Is there a way to log in and change this password?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Forgot Password-Solution
2023-09-27 10:10:53 - last edited 2023-10-11 08:52:29

@Hanna7 

If you forgot wireless password you should connect to the router by wire and change it.

If you forgot web management password you have to reset the router to its factory defaults and reconfigure:

"With the router powered on, press and hold the Reset button for approximately 8 seconds, and then release the button and wait the router to reboot to its factory default settings."

In any case you have to be near the router to do that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Forgot Password-Solution
2023-09-27 10:10:53 - last edited 2023-10-11 08:52:29

@Hanna7 

If you forgot wireless password you should connect to the router by wire and change it.

If you forgot web management password you have to reset the router to its factory defaults and reconfigure:

"With the router powered on, press and hold the Reset button for approximately 8 seconds, and then release the button and wait the router to reboot to its factory default settings."

In any case you have to be near the router to do that.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 312

Replies: 1

Related Articles