Ryzen 9 Laptop Overheating Issues with TP-Link Wi-Fi Adapters - Seeking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-27 11:29:25 - last edited 2023-09-28 07:21:42

Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a Ryzen 9 laptop powered laptop and decided to upgrade my home network with a TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter for faster and more reliable internet connectivity. However, I've been encountering a concerning issue: my laptop tends to overheat when the TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter is connected, especially during heavy usage.

Symptoms:

Significant laptop heating, even during basic web browsing.

Occasional performance throttling due to overheating.

Concerns about long-term damage to the laptop.

I suspect that the TP-Link Wi-Fi adapter may be contributing to the overheating problem. Has anyone else experienced similar issues or have any insights into what might be causing this? And, most importantly, are there any solutions or workarounds to prevent overheating while using the TP-Link adapter?

Thank you in Advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ryzen 9 Laptop Overheating Issues with TP-Link Wi-Fi Adapters - Seeking
2023-09-28 06:24:57 - last edited 2023-09-28 07:21:42
May I know which model of Wi-Fi Adapter you have? Do you mean Wi-Fi Router by Wi-Fi Adapter?
Options
Re:Ryzen 9 Laptop Overheating Issues with TP-Link Wi-Fi Adapters - Seeking
2023-09-28 11:23:38
The normal operation temperature of a Wi-Fi Adapter is 0-40 degrees. Are there any High-Powered Appliances near your adapter? And this is a driver-required adapter, is the driver up-to-date?
Options