IP Reservation not working not properly for Archer AX10 Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-29 08:17:22
Tags: #Ip binding
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.9 Build 20230728 Rel. 45716(5553)

I have added the device IP in DHCP Server > Address Reservation list and Security >  IP & MAC Binding options. Rrouter is allocating the dynamic IP instead of Reserved IP while reboot. But not frequently. I have noticed the issue several times.

Options
3 Reply
Re:IP Reservation not working not properly for Archer AX10 Router
2023-09-29 10:35:25

@Dijin 

Here's how to configure Address Reservation on your AX10.

There's no need to use IP&MAC binding for that - it's a security mechanism.

Make sure that reserved IP addresses are in the AX10 DHCP IP address range.

Also make sure your devices are not using a randomized MAC address for this to work properly - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-09-29 16:30:42

@terziyski thank you

I had tried with Address Reservation option in DHCP, but sometimes router will release with a random IP. That is why I had added the IP in security level MAC binding.

Options
2023-10-08 07:01:10
It's likely that when the same device connects to the Router at another time, the device uses a different MAC address (randomized MAC address) to request an IP address. The Router then assigned a different IP address to that device cause the Router thought of the two different MAC addresses as two devices.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 3

Tags

Ip binding
Related Articles