Connectivity Issue with Archer A2300 and 4K Curved Monitor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-29 11:50:11
Model: Archer A2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hey everyone,

I recently upgraded my home office setup with a 4K curved monitor, and I'm facing some connectivity issues with my Archer A2300 router. I was hoping someone here could help me troubleshoot this problem.

Here's the setup I have:

Archer A2300 Router: My main router for internet connectivity.
4K Curved Monitor: Connected to my desktop PC via HDMI.
Desktop PC: Connected to the Archer A2300 via Ethernet cable.
Other Devices: Various laptops and smartphones connected to the Archer A2300 via Wi-Fi.
The issue is that when I have the 4K curved monitor connected to my PC, the Wi-Fi on my other devices becomes unstable. Sometimes it drops entirely, and other times, it's just painfully slow. As soon as I disconnect the monitor from the PC, the Wi-Fi returns to normal.

I've tried a few things to troubleshoot:

Changing HDMI Cable: I thought it might be a cable issue, so I tried a different HDMI cable, but the problem persists.
Updating Firmware: I made sure that the Archer A2300 has the latest firmware installed.
Changing Wi-Fi Channels: I experimented with different Wi-Fi channels, but it didn't seem to make a difference.
I'm not sure if there's some sort of interference happening between the monitor and the router, or if there's a setting I need to adjust on the Archer A2300 to prioritize Wi-Fi over the wired connection when there's heavy data transfer happening.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue, or does anyone have any ideas on how I can resolve this?

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Connectivity Issue with Archer A2300 and 4K Curved Monitor
2023-10-08 07:34:59

@steveanderson12 

While the other devices connected to the Router experience unstable or low-speed issues, how is your Desktop PC? 

Options