Blocking wifi not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-03 18:05:31 - last edited 2023-10-24 08:19:16

I am using Archer 50 router. I blocked my son wifi but he always crack and connect wifi. Hes using iphone This is to control wifi usage.Any help. 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Blocking wifi not working -Solution
2023-10-08 13:03:50 - last edited 2023-10-24 08:19:16

@Chacha420 Use whitelisting under access control (if available in your model), adding each device to the whitelist. Next time the phone changes MAC, it will fail to connect. Explain what you've done and that he'll need to NOT randomize the MAC for that SSID connection. Then your blocking function will continue to work.

Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:Blocking wifi not working
2023-10-07 10:04:14
Does this iPhone use a random MAC address to connect to the Wi-Fi? The block function of the router is based on a fixed MAC address.
Options
2023-10-07 11:32:33

@Dooooo yes, randam IP number to access the WIFI. Every time different address.

Options
2023-10-08 03:20:44

@Chacha420 

Does your son know that it's the random MAC address that makes it possible to bypass the blacklist? If not, and if it's possible, you can try to change the Randomized MAC address to the Fixed MAC Address in the Wi-Fi settings of your iPhone. I'm not sure if iPhone can do that.

Options
Re:Blocking wifi not working -Solution
2023-10-08 13:03:50 - last edited 2023-10-24 08:19:16

@Chacha420 Use whitelisting under access control (if available in your model), adding each device to the whitelist. Next time the phone changes MAC, it will fail to connect. Explain what you've done and that he'll need to NOT randomize the MAC for that SSID connection. Then your blocking function will continue to work.

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-10-09 15:33:12

@Chacha420 

Thank you all 

Options
2023-10-23 20:11:35

@Dooooo 

if he has a vpn on any of his devices the family controls like wifi blocking, internet blocking via ethernet and website visiting such as adult sites ect will not be blocked. 

My 13 Yr old son had figured this out within the first Few weeks of me getting my tp link router and I couldn't understand how he was still accessing manually blocked sites ( you only get 32 I beleive) and getting passed the time restrictions that had been set. 

All your child has to do is have it activated and it will bypass the family profile controls. 

My advice is to check their phone for a vpn, 

Uninstall it if there is one and on the family profile page of theirs enter in on the blocker site vpn . com as this should block all the Web pages that contain the words vpn . Com. This should then stop them being able to access any vpn websites in turn not being able to activate any website based vpn. 

Not sure how you go about being able to block apps from being  installed on iphones but I'm pretty sure there would be a way. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 338

Replies: 6

Related Articles